Breathable, tough-as-nails performance and generous stretch make these perfect for adventure travel and the sporting life in general. Made using recycled materials; they boast a UPF 30 rating and a water-resistant finish.
- Blue Sign Approved Fabric
- Lightweight, Comfortable, Durable, Nylon Stretch Performance Woven Fabric
- Abrasion resistant nylon fabric
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 30
- Durable Water-Resistant Finish (DWR)
- Stretch for Increased Mobility
- Inseam gusset panel for increased mobility
- Zipper Secure Side Pocket
- DriClime Interior Waistband for Added Comfort
- 10" Inseam
- Overall Weight: 161.6 g / 5.7oz
- Main Material: 94% Recycled Nylon 6% Elastane Plain Weave Peached 3.6 oz/yd
- Fit: Regular Fit
Clothing can protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It all depends on the fibre content, weave, weight of fabric and colour.
So what’s the difference between UPF and SPF?
SPF stands for the Sun Protection Factor, most commonly associated with sunscreen. This measures the amount of time it takes for skin to burn.
UPF on the other hand stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor, which is a measure of the amount of UV radiation that penetrates a fabric and reaches your skin. For example, a fabric rated with a UPF of 30 will allow only 1/30th of the sun’s UV rays to pass through. So the fabric would greatly reduce your exposure to UV rays, (where it covers your body)!
Dark colours and tight weaves will have higher UPF ratings. As well, nylons and polyesters are better than plain cotton because they reflect radiation.
Marmot UpCycle® Fabric
Marmot UpCycle® products minimize our impact on the environment by using natural, organic, and recycled or discarded materials that would otherwise end up in landfills.
Our UpCycle® fabric is made from recycled plastic...hence the name “UpCycle”. When you recycle plastic, you get more plastic; when we UpCycle® plastic, we get fabric, a greater value and a broader use.
If you have any questions about this product, then you can leave us a message via Facebook below